Associations & Organizations
IFPATMa is an independent organization dedicated to the advancement of Process Analytical Technologies (PAT).
- International Association for Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, PDA
- U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- PIAPR, The Pharmaceutical Industry Association of Puerto Rico
- PhRMA, The Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Researchers or America
- Japan's Ministry of Health
Latest news from Japan's Ministry of Health
- European Medicines Agency
EMEA is the arm of the European Union charged with supervising and overseeing medicines for human and veterinary use
- Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency
- ASTM E-55 Committee on PAT
ASTM's E-55 committee is working to develop standards for applying process analytical technologies (PAT) in pharmaceutical manufacturing and development. One standard, defining key terms, has already been completed. And for more information, click here.
- W. Edwards Deming Institute
Resources, including articles and online courses, plus information on the guru of the continuous quality improvement movement
- Society for Life Science Professionals, ISPE
- Food and Drug Law Institute
FDLI serves as an impartial forum that aims to provide leaders of government and the business, academic and consumer communities opportunity to envision and pursue the evolution of public policy, law and regulation of products subject to the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), thereby helping to protect and promote public health and safety and in turn contributing significantly to the quality of life.
- Chemometrics Home Page
The University of Bristol, U.K.'s Centre for Chemometrics offers tutorials and in-depth information on chemometric techniques.
- George Mason University / School of Management
Master of Science in Bioscience Management, George Mason University/School of Management, Michele Hanson - Program Coordinator, (703) 993-1974
- Personalized Medicine Coalition
PMC is a non-governmental, non-profit group established to foster discussion and advance the understanding and adoption of personalized medicine for the benefit of patients.
- Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD)
The Tufts CSDD is an independent, academic, non-profit research group affiliated with Tufts University. Its mission is to develop strategic information to help drug developers, regulators, and policy makers improve the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical development, review, and utilization. The CSDD offers professional development workshops and conducts both its own and commissioned research projects for external sponsors.
- Harvard Medical School - Partners Healthcare Center for Genetics and Genomics
The Harvard Medical School - Partners Healthcare Center for Genetics and Genomics (HPCGG) was launched in the fall of 2001 with the mission to promote genetics and genomics in research and clinical medicine. The founding scientific director is Raju Kucherlapati, Ph.D.
Consultants & Specialists
- Jeff Rachford's Calorimetry Site
- Calorimetry Consultants
- Freeze Drying Consultants
- PAT/Six Sigma Consultants
- Crystallization Consultant
- Mixing Consultant
- FDA/Regulatory Consultants
- IT and Technology Consultants
- Manufacturing Process Research
- Directory of Filtration/Separation companies
- Chromatography Consultants
- Global Contract Manufacturing Directory from "Il Trovatore" in Italy
- Consortium for the Advancement of Manufacturing of Pharmaceuticals
- Thomas Directory of Pharmaceutical Contract Packaging Firms
Current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Process Validation Requirements for Drug Products and APIs Subject to Pre-Approval
- Risk-Based cGMPs: A Progress Report
- Risk-Based Interpretations of cGMPs
- History of GMPs
Glossaries & Other Reference Tools
- Chromatography Resource Center
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific's Chromatography Resource Center you will find technical tips, tools and other resources to help you overcome your separation challenges and improve your chromatography.
Government & Regulatory
Guidance Documents for IND Applications
Humor & Trivia
- More famous quotations
Everything from the classics (Ovid, Shakespeare, Shaw) to contemporaries
- Contest for Bad Writing
Guaranteed to make you feel better about your current writing ability and skills
- Cliches to Avoid
At the end of the day, these are the phrases to defenestrate. Are we on the same page? (U.K. site)
- Business Etiquette: Global Tips
Offers specific tips based on global regions and countries
- How to Communicate To the Media and Public About Science/Engineering
Tips on communicating about science and engineering effectively, in a sound-bite world (Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology web site)
- Writing with numbers
Useful resources and training; includes section on making quantitative information more compelling in writing and presentations.
- Collection of quotes
Looking for a quote to liven up a presentation or report? This site offers a wide selection
- Profession jokes
A lighter look at the professions (sparing no one---biologists, chemists, engineers and pharmacists all included)
- The Musical Works of J. Edwards Deming
We all know him for his pioneering work in quality, but Deming was also a composer. Download his work and try it out via this handy link.
- Cooking for Engineers
Recipes and forums for technically-minded gourmets.
- Creative Diversions from Bosch Rexroth
For your amusement, employees at Bosch Rexroth have created a subsite called “Creative Diversions.” Initially set up to celebrate the fun side of the engineering profession, the site has branched out to include music, videos, and even signs related to all types of workplace humor.
- Overdosed America
Dr. John Abramson primary care physician and author of “Overdosed America” questions the biased and, at times faulty research that leads doctors to over-prescribe medicines to patients.
More Industry News
- CDER News
- FDA News
- Cafe Pharma
Billed as "the website for pharmaceutical sales professionals," Cafe Pharma hosts bulletin boards that function as a hot industry rumor mill.
- Click here to view full report.
Dr. Peter Harrop of IDTech Ex outlines the opportunities for RFID and smart packaging in pharmaceutical applications such as blister packaging.
Process Analytical Technology
- Process Analytical Technology Draft Guidance
- Process Analytical Technology Initiative
- Process Analytical Technology Progress Report
- Thomas Directory of Mixing Equipment Suppliers
- Filtraguide, the Filtration and Separations Portal
Resources for filtration and separation
This website can best be described as "everything you always wanted to know about S88, whether or not you were afraid to ask." It includes such gems as a two-sentence definition of S88 and a tutorial on S88 authored by consultant Lynn Craig on behalf of ISA.
- Order FDA Documentation from Tech Street
This page from TechStreet allows you to order forms including: IOP, IOR, IQP, IQR, OQP, OQR, PVP, PVR, and SOPs
- New Site Explains FDA's Regulation of Nanotechnology
- Healthcare Blog
- Poor Emil's Almanac
Never known for his shyness, NIR expert Emil Ciurczak shares his unedited and uncensored perspectives on the industry he knows so well.
Winners & Sinners