The Pharma Innovation Awards are an annual celebration of new, unique technologies contributing to advancements in risk reduction, product quality improvement and manufacturing efficiency. It's these advancements that support pharmaceutical companies in their quests to develop innovative, life-saving medicines.
With a new name and redesigned logo debuting this year, the awards will be covered in detail in our July/August print edition.
All products and technologies were hand-picked by Pharmaceutical Manufacturing editors and reviewers throughout the year and have truly distinguished themselves as pharmaceutical technology leaders.
We are proud to introduce this year’s Pharma Innovation Award winners:
• Microcell Vial Filler - Vanrx Pharmasystems
• AXF-1 in-line mixer - Micropore Technologies
• OpenBIO Benchtop Bioreactor - Panacea Technologies
• Biopharma Product Recycling Program - MilliporeSigma
Analytical & Monitoring Devices
• Applied Biosystems MycoSEQ Mycoplasma Detection Kit - Thermo Fisher Scientific
• STRam portable Raman analyzer - B&W Tek
• FlowCam Nano - Fluid Imaging Technologies
Plant Floor Operations
• Experion Batch - Honeywell
• PREXIMA 300 tablet press - IMA Active
• Vault Training - Veeva
Packaging & Handling
• AccuRec packaging - Bormioli Pharma
• XHaler dry powder inhaler - CSP Technologies
• LDP (Low Delamination Propensity) Vials - Ompi
• LYO-CHECK inspection machine - Antares Vision
• TX2 collaborative robots - Stäubli
• PharmaView VR headset - KORSCH
• Nymi Enterprise Edition authentication solution - Nymi
• Asset Reliability & Optimization (ARO) System - Petasense
And there you have it: The 2018 Pharma Innovation Award winners. Please join Pharmaceutical Manufacturing in thanking them for the role they play in improving and saving lives around the world.