The Model APD Centrifuge from Celeros Separations is suitable for a broad range of two-phase solid-liquid separation applications common to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical process industries.
Transcending current centrifuge technology, the Model APD centrifuge achieves full-automatic operation in a hermetically sealed environment. The design incorporates a low shear feed inlet and low shear centrate exit to enhance separation and maintain product integrity, and a discharge piston to achieve total solids recovery after separation. There are no wide-blade scrapers, baffles, discs or discharge ports to impede solids discharge.
As a multi-purpose centrifuge, the APD is jacketed to permit thermal control. To further broaden process flexibility, vacuum-rated designs, solids receiving vessels, and CIP/SIP skids are available options.
Typical applications include blood fractionation, vaccine manufacturing, mammalian cell harvesting and E. Coli microbial processing.
- cGMP construction
- Complete hermetic containment
- Full CIP and SIP capabilities
- Total recovery of precious solids
- Dry paste discharge and clear centrate
- Low shear forces for sensitive products
- No baffles, discs, or ports to impede discharge
- Rotational forces up to 20,000 x G
- PLC control for process flexibility
- Hazardous area designs available
Cell Debris Removal
Mammalian and Bacterial Cell Harvesting
Precipitated Crystal Recovery