Voices: Operational Excellence
In the last few years we have seen a raft of supply chain disruptions hit the pharmaceutical sector including billions of dollars paid out in fines and news of counterfeit drugs, quality excursions and ethical lapses hitting the headlines nearly everyday. These incidents reveal the diverse spectrum of supplier risks modern pharmaceutical and healthcare companies now need to manage.Read More
More from this voice...
- Sep 6, 2013Open collaboration, commitment and mutually agreed upon goals will accelerate the value of CRO alliances
- May 17, 2013In less than two years, Boehringer Ingelheim increased productivity fourfold at its newly acquired process development and manufacturing facility in Fremont, Ca.
- Apr 16, 2013The opportunities are there and an experienced integrator can often make it happen
- Feb 26, 2009Implementing best Lean and Six Sigma practices, in the right order, could save the typical drug manufacturing plant nearly $7 million per year; few managers realize what is required.
- Feb 26, 2009Do you really know what sustainable improvement in quality and efficiency requires?
- Oct 22, 2007Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, APQC, and IBM are pleased to offer two benchmarking initiatives in manufacturing and other supply chain processes. These joint research initiatives provide organizations a cross-industry and peer group comparison. In return for submitting data, you will receive a detailed custom benchmarking report at no cost.
- Dec 12, 2006If youre launching Lean, be patient and stay the course, the Toyota disciple urges. Lean works, he says. It just takes a bit longer in pharma.
- Nov 13, 2006Six Sigma can, and should, become a way of life for mid-level manufacturing executives, directors and managers.
- Jul 18, 2006Eli Lillys process engineering manager Pankaj Mohan shares the technical and management secrets for ensuring the right economy of scale for any pharmaceutical manufacturing process.
- Oct 12, 2005Moving beyond routine management and fire fighting requires a strategy for business excellence a strategy based on Six Sigma.
- Jun 30, 2005Data-driven management yields valuable business metrics to support your team's accomplishments. The key is to identify the types of data needed, using practicality as a watchword.
- Apr 6, 2005How do you get team members to be less guarded and to say what they really think and feel? It starts with trust, says Cynthia Palka, president of Future Map, Inc.
- Mar 16, 2005If it's going to work, Six Sigma must be the way you do business, not just a tool or technique. Have you got religion? Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals Group's Penelope Przekop helps you find your way.
- Oct 7, 2004Clear communications, the right structure and makeup, and a focused agenda are essential.