ITT: Introduces Advantage 2.0 Actuator Line
ITT today announced upgrades to two products – Advantage actuator and 963 topworks – improving their performance while meeting the demands of the bioprocessing and pharmaceutical industries. The Advantage 2.0 actuator has been released for sale and the 963 upgrade will be available on June 1, 2010.
The Advantage 2.0 actuator line is a diaphragm driven, compact, lightweight actuator designed to meet the stringent space constraints of the bioprocessing and pharmaceutical industries. The unit is designed as an on/off pneumatic actuator available with three modes of closure. A new floating tube nut and stainless steel compressor configuration allows for inter-changeability of PTFE and elastomer diaphragms.
• The compressor system optimizes diaphragm life by reducing diaphragm actuation forces
• The tube nut and slotted compressor design allows for quick changeovers from EPDM to PTFE for passivation protocols or application changes without actuator disassembly
• Simplified valve ordering means less confusion in identifying the characteristics of the valve.
• Compressor system eliminates compressor pin maintenance
• Reduces stock variants by using similar components like the compressor system across multiple product lines.
The complete changeover from Advantage “A” Series to the new Advantage 2.0 Series, will take place over a period of time to ensure a smooth transition. ITT will be keeping spare parts for the regular Advantage actuator in inventory to meet the needs of our installed customer base. Conversion kits will also be available. Customers with current major projects will be able to buy the standard Advantage.
The 963 manual bonnet incorporates many of the same improvements as the Advantage 2.0, providing increased valve performance for manual operation.
More information about the form, fit, and function of the new Advantage 2.0 and the 963 bonnet is available on www.ittpureflo.com/advantage2.html.
About ITT Corporation
ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world. Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company generated 2009 revenue of $10.9 billion. www.itt.com