Mettler-Toledo Safeline, Inc.
Mettler-Toledo Safeline, Inc. has introduced the PowerChek Plus-3A the first and only x-ray inspection system in the world to be approved as compliant to 3-A Sanitary Standard 41-02 by a certified independent conformance evaluator.
The PowerChek Plus-3A x-ray inspection unit is designed in compliance with "USDA Guidelines for the Sanitary Design and Fabrication of Dairy Processing Equipment" dated June 2001 to insure cleanability to a microbiological level. Thorough sanitation is assured through easily cleaned product areas. Non-product areas are designed to eliminate debris build-up and potential bacterial reservoirs. Product contact areas are corrosion-resistant, non-toxic and non-absorbent.
Construction features include:
- Frame constructed of sealed stainless steel 304 tubing fabricated to eliminate product debris build-up areas
- Pitched surfaces to prevent liquid pooling
- Continuous, smooth and polished welds throughout
- Electrical controls and bearings are all consistent with sanitary design principles
- Rated to NEMA 4X, it withstands the harshest washdown environments
The Mettler-Toledo Safeline PowerChek Plus 3-A unit uses low energy, electronically-generated x-ray technology for optimal sensitivity in detecting and automatically rejecting many contaminants including metal, stone, bone, glass, and high-density plastics. It can also measure product mass, monitor overfill and underfill, and find a damaged or incorrectly packaged product even in metal foil. PowerChekPlus-3A can check the integrity of package seals and identify any seals that have been compromised from trapped product.