MilliporeSigma is inviting graduate students and recent graduates to enter research projects for a chance to win the $10,000 Life Science Awards Program grand prize in one of three areas: food and beverage safety, 3D printing and bioseparations. The awards program has been extended from previous years to include additional business sectors and geographies.
Up to five finalists will each receive $1,500 and all-expense paid travel to the awards event on October 18 at the company’s Burlington, Massachusetts location. Following student presentations, three $10,000 grand prize winners will be announced, one in each of the respective categories. The deadline to enter is August 4.
- Food and Beverage Safety: Research impacting food & beverage safety including testing or typing methods, process improvements and environmental or epidemiological studies.
- 3D Printing: Development of transformative advances in 3D printing in life science, including biomedical, electronic and energy applications. Cutting-edge innovation in 3D printing applications and impactful advances in 3D printing tools.
- Bioseparations: Research that has the potential to significantly improve bioseparations during the manufacture of biologics by improving purity, safety or reducing manufacturing costs. Student research has included technologies such as chromatography, filtration, precipitation and other more novel approaches.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) summarizing education, graduation date, work experience, all publications and external presentations, relevant skills and interests, and leadership activities.
- An application statement (800 words or less, plus graphs/figures) summarizing the context, relevance and impact of the research, key accomplishments, interest in the life science sector, and future plans.
- A 300-word or less abstract for the presentation that will be given if chosen as an award finalist.
- A recommendation letter (1-3 pages) from your advisor discussing what makes you stand out and why you should be considered.
- Applicants must be a current graduate student or recent graduate (Ph.D. or Masters), whose graduation date is between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2018.
- Applicants must be at a university located in one of the following countries: the United States, Canada, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldavia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, Romania, Malta, Turkey, or Bulgaria.
- Participants who submitted applications in prior years’ awards are eligible, but prior award finalists are not eligible.
Find official award information, including printable flyers and full rules, at www.emdmillipore.com/life-science-award.