ISPE Panel Names 2014 Facility of the Year Awards
The ISPE Facility of the Year Awards Judging Panel has named six Category Award Winners in the 2014 Facility of the Year Awards (FOYA) program. The winning projects for 2014 were selected from 27 well-qualified entries and are located in Australia, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The winning companies and respective award categories are:
• Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG: Winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Equipment Innovation
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche: Winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Sustainability
• Grifols Therapeutics, Inc.: Winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Project Execution
• Patheon Pharma Services (formerly DSM Biologics): Winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Process Innovation
• Penn Pharmaceutical Services Ltd.: Winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Facility Integration
• Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals: Winner of the Facility of the Year Award for Operational Excellence
• The panel also chose to award an Honorable Mention to WuXi Apptec Pharmaceutical of China.
"The pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry's commitment to enhancing product quality and preserving patient safety is evidenced by the significant investments made in the design and construction of innovative facilities," said Nancy Berg, ISPE President and CEO. "The facilities honored by the 2014 ISPE FOYA Category Winners embody the ideals of the Facility of the Year Awards program, incorporating custom-developed equipment solutions and novel uses of new and existing technologies to create world-class facilities that are well positioned to meet and exceed contemporary standards for flexibility, sustainability and product demand."
The 2014 ISPE Facility of the Year Awards Category Winners will be formally recognized at the 2014 ISPE Facility of the Year Awards Banquet, taking place on 2 June in Baltimore, Md. USA. The banquet will feature presentations from the FOYA Judging Panel and other noted industry leaders, and will take place in conjunction with ISPE's Global Pharmaceutical Quality Week, the third annual ISPE-FDA CGMP Conference and the ISPE CMO Executive Workshop. The 2014 Overall Winner will be announced during the plenary session at the 2014 ISPE Annual Meeting, 12 – 15 October in Las Vegas, Nev. USA. The ISPE Annual Meeting will also offer dedicated educational sessions centered around the 2014 FOYA Category Winners.
More information about the Facility of the Year awards, the 2014 FOYA banquet, and the 2014 Category Award-winning projects can be found at the Facility of the Year Awards website.