Funny Pharm: You Write the Caption
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing introduces "Funny Pharm," featuring drawings by award-winning cartoonist Jerry King.
The winning cartoon caption will be featured on the PharmaManufacturing.com Web site and in the PharmaManufacturing.com eNewsletter. The winner will receive a coffee mug with the cartoon and winning caption printed on it.
Please submit your caption to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your contributions!
Winning Caption: "Well, you know, the bioavailability was low." - Submitted by Per-Ola Quist
1. This way, our stability studies will bracket any strength marketing wants to offer." - Submitted by Eric S. Gruff
2. “Is there an SOP for swallowing?” - Submitted by Janice T. Abel
3. "I did tell them to scale it up." - Submitted by S. Mackey
4. "When Marketing said they were going to increase our brand recognition…." - Submitted by Bill Bosley
1. "I sure hope the patients will appreciate that this dosage form provides for once daily dosing. Unfortunately, that daily dose requires four tablets!" and "How do you like our new dosage form? Instead of slow release, we now have slow intake since it takes all day to ingest and digest this pill." - Submitted by Mark S. Smyth, Ph.D.
2. "So marketing thinks 1 pill for life is a good concept." -Submitted by Walter Rawlins
3. “Hey, if we didn’t just pass the shrinking room, I am going to have to have a stern talk with our formulations department!” - Submitted by Robert Faragher, Ph.D.
4. "Well, I guess it could be considered a little large for a suppository!" - Submitted by Richard J. Fantozzi, Sr.
5. “The erectile dysfunction tablets & packaging has to improve" - Submitted by Mark Symonds
6. "Well, you know, the bioavailability was low." - Submitted by Per-Ola Quist
7. “Only taking one pill per year seemed like such a good plan !”- Submitted by Jim John
8. "We've encountered a few issues with our new 'Lifetime Extended-Release' capsule...." - Submitted by Alex W Packard
9. "I did tell them to scale it up." - Submitted by S. Mackey
10. "I really hate being assigned to this clinical trial for elephant suppositories!" - Submitted by Kent Moraga
11. "And here I thought my impending layoff was a big pill to swallow." and "Has anyone seen Kong? It's time for his meds." and "This new dosage form should thwart the recent rash of drug thefts" - Submitted by Miguel Salinas
12. "When Marketing said they were going to increase our brand recognition…." - Submitted by Bill Bosley
13. "It makes my “what”do WHAT!!??!!??" - Submitted by Lillian Sanders
14. “I’m confident this will solve our theft problem.” and “Our new ‘Pill for all your ills’ is going to fill the shelves!” - Submitted by Robert P. Morgan, P.E.
15. ‘I’ll stick to fruits and vegetables for my daily vitamin intake.’ - Submitted by Obayda Debs
16. "I don’t think they followed the QbD tenet of begin with the end in mind." and "May be we should use an API with higher activity so we can lower the dose." - Submitted by Rick E. Cooley
17. "I knew the Federal Healthcare mandates were going to be impossible to swallow." - Submitted by Craig Martin
18. "Who has approved a paracetamol tablet for the Tyrannosaurus Rex?" - Submitted by Jurgen Boeckx
19. "This is the big warehouse store version." - Submitted by Omar de Armas Sr.
20. "So Wal-Mart doesn't like this packaging? Don't they appreciate a classic design?" - Submitted by Peter J. Schmitt
21. "Maybe we had one too many groups in our product design committee” - Submitted by Gary L Parish
22. "Unfortunately they are having difficulty with the dissolution testing…the tablet is >900mL!" - Submitted by Bob Malone
23. “Is it really necessary to increase the dose?” - Submitted by Rodrigo Coelho Ventura Pinto, D.Sc.
24. "Apparently, size matters." - Submitted by Jason Krentz
25. “This way, our stability studies will bracket any strength marketing wants to offer." - Submitted by Eric S. Gruff
26. "It's our new diet pill. Take one of these and you won't be hungry all day." - Submitted by Peter Malone
27. "Quality Control walks into the room and says “Ok, I am not sure we can explain this one to the FDA.” - Submitted by Lisa Knowles
28. “Is there an SOP for swallowing?” - Submitted by Janice T. Abel
29. How are we going to get this bottle through the door? - Submitted by Scott Maher
30. "who fill the peanuts?" - Submitted by Neel Sukhadia
31. "OH MAN!" - Submitted by Nick Sanders
32. "The engineers always screw up during scale-up" - Submitted by Gunnar Malmquist
33. "You think this is bad, wait till you see the suppositories." - Submitted by John Hannon