Funny Pharm: You Write the Caption: March 1, 2010
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing introduces "Funny Pharm," sponsored by Paratherm Corp., featuring drawings by award-winning cartoonist Jerry King.
Funny Pharm: You Write the Caption
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing introduces "Funny Pharm," featuring drawings by award-winning cartoonist Jerry King.
The winning cartoon caption will be featured on the PharmaManufacturing.com Web site and in the PharmaManufacturing.com eNewsletter. The winner will receive a coffee mug with the cartoon and winning caption printed on it.
Please submit your caption to email@example.com. Thank you for your contributions!
Winner: "Fortunately I'll be retired before it's validated" - Submitted by Christopher M. Ott, PhD.
1. "Bad news is YOU get to write the IQ/OQ/PQ for the thing!" - Submitted by George Thursto
2. "Sure it works, but wouldn't it be easier to drive to Starbucks?" - Submitted by E. Ciurczak
3. "Unfortunately, Smithers, the position it replaces is yours." - Submitted by John Avers
4. “So here’s the lab-scale model we’ve developed for your new manufacturing process” - Submitted by Aline Denton
5. "Last time we have a Ph.D. develop a coffee filter." - Submitted by Lou Di Paolo
6. "So, how does it work?" - Submitted by WB Zeng
7. “Yes, I’m very confident this will work. It might not be as compact as that little blue pill everyone’s talking about, but it’s four hundred times more powerful than any FDA approved over the counter medication”. - Submitted by Samuel Shoolman
8. "I hear they're way behind on the validation effort" - Submitted by Thomas M. Krier
9. "huh ...tubing was recalled" & "high school aptitude test said scientist or plumber......." - Submitted by Richard Maude
10. "This CIP System eliminated 2 jobs. But it will take 4 people to run it" - Submitted by John Connelly
11. “I don’t like this simplified version… I miss all that data the old one output”. Submitted by Mike Jackson
12. “It looks like Congress designed this process.” - Submitted by Rich Grandzol
13. "OOEEEE... I AM SURE IT WILL BEAT THE REST IN OVERALL EQUIPMENT EFFECTIVENESS." -Submitted by Faisal Mirza
14. "User friendly??? What part of Keep It Simple Stupid didn't you hear?" - Submitted by Leonard Nowak
15. "Fortunately I'll be retired before it's validated" - Submitted by Christopher M. Ott
16. "Do you mean to tell me that this process will produce product using "quality by desire (QBD)" principles rather than "quality by aggravation(QBA)"? - Submitted by Girish Malhotra
17. "Can we get Jimmy Johnson to sponsor this?" - Submitted by Jimmy Payne
18. “Excellent. By the time corporate figures out this doesn’t do anything, we’ll be retired.” - Submitted by Rich Trakimas
19. “Our contractor was paid by the fitting.” - Submitted by Donna M. Yarbrough
20. "And where does the cheese go, on your mouse trap?" and "For the sponsor: Wouldn’t a few ice cubes be easier for your iced tea?" - Submitted by Omar de Armas Sr.
21. "Yes, it's impressive. Unfortunately, no one here can remember what is supposed to do." - Submitted by Todd Mendelson
22. "Is it actually a pilot plant or "Pharma Lego" - Submitted by Ravi Juneja
23. "This is one of our Chemical Engineer's artistic interpretation of how Congress works." - Submitted by Alex Packard
24. "I know they designed an On/Off Switch here somewhere!!??" or "Where do I insert the coins to get my candy bar?" or "This is the last time we ask an engineer to fix the leaky faucet in the lab!" - Submitted by Mark S. Smyth
25. "What do you think can we just leave this on for a weekend" - Submitted by P.Haikola
26. "My god this IQ OQ PQ is so complicated, I will lose my job or I will quit working for pharmaceutical company" - Submitted by Jagdish R Patel
27. "Any second now...wait for it...wait for it..." - Submitted by Anibal Ruiz-Barbosa
28. “What do you mean Engineering does not support the scale-up, I multiplied every piece by 10” - Submitted by Jon B. Preston