Voices: Career Advice
Reflections on the 2009 job market and results of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing’s annual salary and job satisfaction survey[http://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/articles/2009/018.html]:Read More
More from this voice...
1-15 of 15 < | | | >
- Feb 16, 2009At the cornerstone of any successful pharmaceutical development program is a well-developed and executed plan.
- Feb 16, 2009With corporate structures and loyalties crumbling, our annual readers survey suggests that the key to job security is to stay relevant, connected, and nimble.
- Dec 21, 2006Career consultant John McKee offers advice on tackling one of the biggest obstacles to corporate and career success: ennui.
Pharmaceutical Industry Management and Careers | How to Project Leadership Qualities (Even When Youre Scared Stiff): Dress and Act the PartDec 12, 2006Leadership is conveyed not only by the way you express your opinions, but by such things as the way you dress and present yourself (and even the way your office is set up). Career coach John McKee offers five keys to "looking and acting" like a leader. With practice, he says, they'll transform you into a more confident person (and the change is likely to be noticed by those who can advance your career).
- Dec 12, 2006Is your career advancing as quickly as you'd like? If not, take a good, honest look at the way that you communicate. Are you projecting "leadership" qualities? This article presents tips that will make you appear self-assured and confident, even if you aren't. Wallflowers, take heart. Play the part of the confident leader often enough, the author suggests, and you'll become a leader, whatever your sphere of influence.
- Dec 5, 2006A business consultant and professional motivator, John McKee asserts that women face significant obstacles to professional growth and urges men in management to help women surmount those obstacles. In this excerpt from his book, "21 Ways Women in Management Shoot Themselves in the Foot," McKee discusses the reasons for and benefits of outlining a life plan.
- Jan 19, 2006Work on your resume, write an article, start a blog, join an organization. Build your brand, one day at a time.
- Nov 3, 2005If youve got a job interview or business meeting, sweating the details is essential. Heres a handy checklist to make sure things go right in the first 30 seconds and beyond.
- Jun 9, 2005Youre targeting the right job, so make sure youve got the right look.
- May 5, 2005Studies by economists show that above average looking people tend to earn higher salaries and get promoted more often than those with average or below average looks.
- Apr 21, 2005It's no laughing matter. Management often makes its decisions methodically. You may already be on the hit list and not know it yet. Don't be paranoid, but do recognize the warning signs. JoAnn Hines outlines them here.
- Apr 7, 2005Going to Interphex or another industry show? Don't just attend -- work it to your advantage. Here are all the tips you need, as well as a trade show checklist, courtesy of our resident career expert JoAnn Hines.
- Mar 16, 2005Five tips to help you make the right impression on interviewers.
- Feb 17, 2005You can read the writing on the wall if you know the right questions to ask. Plus, five tips for researching your company.
- Jan 20, 2005If you're not sure what a team is or what it can accomplish, you need to know the seven deadly sins that can destroy your team before it even gets to the huddle.
1-15 of 15 < | | | >