Pharma Technology Inc. PharmaFlex iSeries Deduster
Pharma Technology Inc. (PTI) launched its enhanced PharmaFlex iSeries Deduster at the ACHEMA World Forum, June 15-19 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The latest model features several upgrades over its predecessor, including an output increased by up to 20%, a more efficient dedusting process, and enhanced resistance to prolonged heat, alcohol and industrial detergents exposure.
In addition to the host of new benefits, the PharmaFlex iSeries Deduster offers all innovations available with the original PharmaFlexrange of Dedusters, whose high-tech materials and innovative design allow dust extraction to take place on the spiral's outer circumference, as close as possible to the path of the tablets. The result is an increased dedusting capacity compared to traditional units.
The PharmaFlex iSeries Deduster's enhanced features include:
- Enlarged tablet inlet and outlet ports for higher output (>1million/h with 12mm tablets)
- Enlarged circumferential dust extraction channel for improved dedusting efficiency
- A self-regulating vibratory base with accelerometer, making it unnecessary to adjust gaps of springs on the unit's base when changing the deduster's tower height, or when transitioning from one product to another
- Clear spiral segments for the complete tower, providing direct sightlines to tablets throughout the process
- A tower comprised entirely of Tritan, a clear, FDA-accepted polymer providing increased resistance to alcohol and industrial detergent exposure, as well as protection against heat conditions up to 85°C. Tritan is also resistant to shock and does not shatter when dropped from as high as seven feet.
- The unit's spiral tower can be easily exchanged and replaced by a clean tower (or a tower of a different height) in under three minutes.
Like the original PharmaFlex range of Dedusters, each of the PharmaFlex iSeries Deduster's spiral segments can be removed individually for easier cleaning and expedient changeover. This "stackable" system also allows for adjustable height gain; additional segments can be added in increments of 5 to increase the machine's height and extend its shaft.Other attributes common to both models include:
- Base with adjustable height (+-90mm)
- Dust tight, silicone-sealed tablet press chute connection
- Range of WIP solutions
- Digital control of all systems, including metal detection, via touchscreen HMI
- One-piece, round dust tight polymer chute through the metal detector head for higher accuracy, repeatability and ease of dismantling