BIO 2008 Show Coverage
BIO is the worlds largest biotechnology organization, providing advocacy, business development, and communications services for more than 1,150 members worldwide. Corporate members range from entrepreneurial companies in the process of developing a first product to Fortune 100 multinationals. BIO also represents state and regional biotech associations, academic centers, and service providers to the industry. Since BIO was formed in 1993, the biology-based, entrepreneurial industry has grown from a small number of companies concentrated in a few cities to an industry that increasingly extends throughout society. Nearly every state courts biotechnology development, as do an increasing number of countries around the world.
- Panel Discussion: Error Proofing and Jidoka
Robert Bottone, Genentech, and William Botha, Director of Operations, Baxter Healthcare address questions regarding error proofing during a BIO 2008 panel discussion.
- An Interview with DSM Biologics President Karen King
Karen King, President of DSM Biologics, discusses the implications of the companys recent joint venture with Crucell in this interview with Editor-in-Chief Agnes Shanley at the BIO 2008 Conference.
BIO News and Blog Posts
- Notes from BIO 2008 - Oh, For a Segway in San Diego
- BIO 2008: The Sequencer and the Terminator
- BIO 2008: Doing Well by Doing Good: Can Venture Capital Improve Drug Accessibility?
- BIO 2008: German Biopharma manufacturing
- BIO 2008: What? FDA STILL hasnt been accepted into The Pharmaceutical Inspectorate?
- BIO 2008: Manufacturing and Op Ex
- BIO 2008: Molecular Imaging: Early Collaboration Needed
- Big Pharma Generous with Big Swag
Links to other BIO blogs