Isn’t it funny how sometimes you stumble on to something and it quietly astonishes you? I did recently while catching up on current events. One of my news feeds brought forth a headline that really caught my eye: “The 2014 Numbers Are In: FDA’s Orphan Drug Program Shatters Records.” I clicked on it and up came “FDA Law Blog” published by patent law firm Hyman, Phelps & McNamara. And I paused for a second. I’m not sure why I was surprised by the source. In retrospect suppose I was expecting a more mainstream industry media outlet, you know, like, ahem, PharmaManufacturing.com (if you haven’t visited lately, click on over, we’ve upgraded the whole place).Read More
More from this voice...
- Feb 4, 2015Confident application of process analytical technologies is creating a blizzard of operational benefits for drug makers
- Dec 15, 2014Thank you Pharma for making the holiday season brighter for everyone
- Nov 18, 2014This guide offers insight from some of the industry’s top players and opinion leaders as well as a few deep dives into technologies.
- Oct 6, 2014Amgen embraces the U.S. Navy’s safety philosophy to fight shortage-causing quality excursions
- Sep 8, 2014The strategy is clear: stop Ebola from killing the people of Africa; exactly what Pharma’s role will be is still being worked out
- Aug 22, 2014Information technology remains the lamp illuminating a path to operational truth
- Jul 7, 2014Technology offers a path to achieve operational and competitive leadership, but it’s in the application that drives true innovation
- Jun 2, 2014Quality by Design is a great idea for Pharma, but some dispute its industry origins
- May 9, 2014Margaret Hamburg tells British regulators she’s having a little trouble sleeping at night
- Apr 28, 2014At Interphex I met a bug I didn’t like and lots of things pharmaceutical that I did
- Mar 24, 2014Manufacturing pharmaceuticals is not for the faint of heart, no matter where you’re from
- Feb 21, 2014Contract services companies are playing great cGMP ball
- Jan 20, 2014Dollars are flowing fast into cost effective and efficient pharma manufacturing capacity
- Dec 18, 2013From the lab to commercial process and across the global supply chain, quality is a gift we all can share
- Nov 13, 2013The biopharma industry remains one of the most robust and healthy of industries, not only in the states, but also around the world
- Oct 10, 2013Operational excellence requires collaboration and efficient allocation of resources
- Sep 20, 2013China's crackdown may ultimately prompt better, more ethical behavior by capitalist and communist alike
- Aug 26, 2013Whether cheaper, faster, safer or easier, innovation puts the -er in Pharma manufacturings progressive improvement.
- Jun 11, 2013Providing funding certainty to the FDAs Office of Generic Drugs will help unjam the ANDA backlog, but many see the fee structure unduly burdening smaller players
- May 20, 2013Pharmaceutical industry among the tragedys first responders
- Apr 23, 2013A happy 10th anniversary to both the FDAs Pharmaceutical GMPs for the 21st Century as well as Pharmaceutical Manufacturing magazine
- Mar 14, 2013Biopharma continues to shape human history, fighting the good fight against germs and chronic disease; winning through innovation and sometimes, just plain old persistence