Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems
The Micron Powder Systems Acucut Ultrafine Air Classifier has been the technical choice of the chemical, ceramics and pharmaceutical industries for many years. The Acucut Air Classifier is a forced vortex classifier designed to disperse and then classify powders into coarse and fine fractions at very fine cut points.
In response to customer demand for finer cut points and improved operation, our engineering group has incorporated several new features into a totally new Acucut.
The New Generation Acucut Model NGA-12 now includes the following new features:
- Classifier speeds have been increased to as high as 8,000 RPM, a 33% increase, to produce finer cut points.
- A high efficiency cyclone collector for improved collection efficiency.
- A dust collector with pleated filter elements for collecting ultrafine particles which by-pass the cyclone(s). The dust collector is available with removable collection canister or manual valve and collection canister.
- Updated PLC based controls with Operator Interface Terminal and static graphical display.
- New ergonomic design for easier accessibility and clean-ability.
- Option for air injection feed for improved product dispersion.
- Jet Mill option for conversion to a multipurpose lab scale machine to provide both size reduction and classification.
The NGA-12 is the first in a new series of Acucut classifiers.