Banner Engineering Corp.
Banner Engineering Corp. recently introduced an extensive line of lighting accessories for challenging vision sensing applications. On-axis lights provide illumination of an inspected part by delivering collimated illumination in the same optical path as camera. These lights provide even, diffused illumination of flat, reflective surfaces perpendicular to the camera.
On-axis lights are available in standard sizes of 100 x 100 mm or 50 x 50 mm and a variety of specialty sizes. Models are available with infrared or visible red, green, white or blue LEDs, and all models offer continuous or strobed operation through a dedicated input line. In addition, on-axis lights are available with glass dust covers for protection in dirty, dusty plant environments.
Banner on-axis lights provide illumination for challenging vision sensing and inspection applications where reflective materials are used, including food, pharmaceutical, electronic and automotive applications.
Examples of applications include:
- Automotive handle color inspection and verification
- Code verification on reflective materials
- Detection of markings on brushed metal surfaces
- Bottling rim inspection before capping
In addition, several features of on-axis lights make them easy to set up and use:
- Internally regulates current for constant intensity
- Evenly illuminates flat, reflective surfaces
- Delivers collimated illumination in the same optical path as camera
- Offers standard sizes of 100 x 100 mm or 50 x 50 mm, and a variety of specialty sizes
- Uses solid-state LEDs for a minimum life cycle of 10,000 to 60,000 hours without intensity degradation, depending on model
- Offers choice of models with infrared or visible red, green, white or blue LEDs
- Features continuous or strobed operation