K-Tron Process GroupClick here for larger image.
K-Tron will exhibit the latest version of its micro ingredient feeder, the MT12, in booth A2036 at Interphex 2006 in New York City, March 21-23. Available in both pharmaceutical and industrial models, the MT12 will accurately feed free-flowing to difficult-to-handle powders at rates as low as 20 grams / hour and as high as 2000 grams/ hour, depending on material and installation environment. Both loss-in-weight (model KCL-SFS-MT12) and volumetric (model KCV-MT12) feeder models are available for continuous or batch operation.
Enhancements incorporated in the latest design include:
- New inverted hopper design (negative cone) to aid material flow;
- Revised bottom agitator design driven from below the sealed shaft, constantly scraping the bottom of the hopper to minimize residual material;
- New sanitary scale design that includes complete internal cabling and a more robust frame for better stability and accuracy especially at extremely low rates;
- Draft shield included with loss-in-weight models, as is customarily the practice when weighing at very low rates;
- Options for automatic refill.