Research and Reports
- Top Eight Health Industry Issues in 2008
To help health executives and policy makers anticipate and prepare for what's ahead, PricewaterhouseCoopers Health Research Institute has identified the Top Eight Health Industry Issues in 2008. The report highlights impending changes ranging from major changes in provider reimbursement, to new drug safety reporting requirements, to a potentially burgeoning market for individual health insurance and how they could impact health organizations.
- FDA Science and Mission at Risk
- The 2007 Team of the Year Finalists
This year's finalists are collaborating with partners, opening dialogue between FDA and industry and improving process understanding at their facilities.
- Improving America's Health IV : A Survey of the Working Relationship Between the Life Sciences Industry and the FDA
Despite the progress made during the past six years between the life sciences industry and the FDA, substantial issues remain and further improvements are needed. This survey examines these issues and offers perspectives on improvements that can be made to the regulatory review process and the working relationship between FDA and industry.
- Benchmarking Report on Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
This report, the result of extensive research by professors from Washington University and Georgetown University, examines cycle times, quality assurance, use of IT, employee empowerment and other factors at 42 drug manufacturing facilities to provide benchmarks.
- A Year of Uncertainty: Results of Our 2007 Job and Salary Survey
Most pharmaceutical industry professionals are relatively happy with their careers, but many long for more challenge, training and growth opportunities, according to our survey.
- 2006 Team of the Year Finalists: Acting Locally, Thinking Globally
This year's finalists tackle everyday problems without losing sight of manufacturings bigger picture.
- Pharma Sharpens its Game: Results of Our First OpEx Survey
How well are your competitors Lean, Six Sigma and other operational excellence programs progressing? Is pharmas manufacturing culture really changing? Our first survey highlights strengths and gaps.
- Calm in the Storm: Our 2005 Job and Salary Survey
The pharma job market’s going to get worse before it gets better. Hold on to your hat, and take stock of what you’ve got.
- Chiron's Curse
Its U.K. vaccine plant has been a nightmare. Could better risk management, due diligence, regulatory oversight or new technology have led to a different outcome?
- Making the Most of Drug Development Data
Improving time to market requires finding and sharing the right information at the right time. A benchmarking survey reveals that pharma and biopharma still have a long way to go.